Pleasure rationally encounter consequences
are extremely painful great oppurtunity
The right time to start your Christmas fundraiser
Didn't start your Christmas fundraising yet?
It's December already and also the peak of the Giving Season. So, what are you waiting for?
For nonprofits, it's essential to create the Christmas campaign because of so many factors, have a look at more facts related to the year-end-giving
The first and foremost issue that I have personally seen with many fundraisers, is either they hesitate to ask or they don't direct the donors towards the relevant CTA (Call-to-action), saying "Donate Now" or "Support now" (have a look at the benefits of a Call-to-action button).
So, never do this mistake, trust me it's a blunder which is directly going to impact your overall donation amount.
Having assumptions such as
"My donors know my brand, so they know it's a donation appeal"
"After reading the heart-touching story of my campaign, the donors will donate themselves"
is a very optimistic idea but it should be kept aside while asking for donations.
Understand that all your communications (emails, social posts, ads, etc,.) have a wide audience and it is your duty to direct them towards your "ASK" without having any assumptions at all.
Secondly, in all the posts related to promotions of the crowdfunding campaigns, I always stress on stating your expectations from the possible backers. In fact, the suggested amount that you quote not only increases the donations but also the number of donors.
“The trick is understanding what people would give on their own. Once you understand that, the suggested amount can enhance contributions,”
Still struggling with the relevance of asking?
Have a look at The Power of Asking your Donors
2. Select your donor target
Often nonprofits exhaust their contact list by sending constant emails....well, let's just take a pause here to understand that your donor is also a "Human" and might be already engaged in many activities.
The worst part is, as a result of flooded inbox, they can simply press that "Unsubscribe Button" which you never want them to go to.
I know it's sad and none of you want it to happen, so let's understand who to target this Christmas season...
- First of all, segment your active donors from the inactive ones, and focus your time and energy mostly on the active donors.
- Look for the re-engagement activities, maybe a fundraising event around Christmas can help you gather funds as well as to have more volunteers to support your cause for the entire year.
- Analyze at your donors donation behavior, look for what cause made them donate in past and you can, then create donor-specific campaigns.
With platform like Crowdera, you can make as many campaigns as you want to. To know more Book a Demo with us.
- Don't forget to look at when was the last donation made by your ideal donor? And, is this the right time to ask them again?
- What you are up to?
- Why do you need to do, what you are doing?
- and, most importantly, What is the major impact your fundraising activities are going to create?
Always remember, Donors prefers message which fit right with their own core values.
Leave a Reply or Comment